Dr. Sishir Gang is the Chairman, Department of Nephrology & Senior Consultant Nephrologist of Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital(MPUH). He has joined MPUH on 1st January 1997.
1989 : Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS, Baroda Medical College & SSG Hospital, Baroda, M.S. University, Baroda)
1993 : Doctor of Medicine (MD, Baroda Medical College & SSG Hospital, Baroda, M.S. University, Baroda)
1996 : Doctor of Medicine (DM Nephrology, Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore MGR University, T.N.)
1996 : Diplomat of National Board of examination (DNB Nephrology, Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore)
- Awarded fellowship for a period of 3 months by the International society of nephrology for training in nephrology and renal transplantation at Arkansas Institute of Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA under the guidance of Prof. Sudhir Shah in January 2001.
- Awarded fellowship by International society of peritoneal dialysis for training in peritoneal dialysis at the University of Missouri Medical School, Columbia, Missouri USA under the guidance of Prof. Ramesh Khanna
Publications & Presentations:
- Published around 40 papers in various national and international journals.
- Presented 7 papers in national and international conferences.
- He was a Guest Lecturer in 16 in conferences, seminars and workshops in national and international levels.
- Conducted around 14 industry-sponsored drugs trials in MPUH
MEMBERSHIP OF ACADEMIC BODIES:
- Member, International Society of Nephrology
- Member, Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Member, Europen Renal Association & EDTA
- Member, American Society of Transplantation
- Member, American Society of Nephrology
- Member, Association of Physician of India
- Member, Indian Medical Association.