M. P. U. Hospital
Dr. V. Desai Road
PH.(0268) 25 20323-25 20330(O),2520155(R)
Exams. PassedYearBoard/University% of MarksMajor Subjects TakenB.Sc.(Hons.)1984University of Burdwan51.8Chemistry(Hons.)M.Sc.1987University of Kalyani64.3BiochemistryGATE1990Joint IIT Board.82.3 percentilePh.D.1995Visva Bharati UniversityReproductive Endocrinology
OTHER PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
Completed the RIA/IRMA training course from BHABHA ATOMIC RESEARCH CENTRE, MUMBAI, INDIA, on 11-23 June, 2003.
General Biochemistry Research6 years (Pre Ph.D.)Clinical Biochemistry/Investigation & Research20 years.
Chief Biochemist and In Charge of the clinical laboratory.
Muljibhai. Patel. Urological. Hospital(ISO-9001certified)since June
Association of Clinical Biochemists of India (Life Member).
American Association for Clinical Chemistry(AACC), Member
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Mukhopadhyay, B; Bose, S; Bhattacharya, S & Bhattacharya, S. 1994; Induction of metallothionine in rat liver by cadmium chloride : probable mechanism of action. Biomedical and environmental sciences, Chinese acdemy of preventive medicine (CAPM) 7, 232-240.
- Bose, S; Mukhopadhyay, B; Chaudhury, S & Bhattacharya, S. 1994; Correlation of metal distribution, reduced glutathione and metallothinine in liver of rat. Indian J. Exp. Biol.32. 679-681.
- Mukhopadhyay, B; Biswas, R & Bhattacharya, S. 1994; Gonadotropin releasing hormone stimulation of pituitary cell 3’, 5’ cyclic AMP in a carp (Cyprinus carpio) is dependent on extracellular calcium. J. Biosciences, 19 (3), 283-290.
- Mukhopadhyay, B; Biswas, R & Bhattacharya, S. 1995; Gonadotrpin hormone releasing hormone stimulation of cyclic 3’, 5’ AMP requires extracellular calcium : its relationship to gonadotropin release. General and Comparative Endocrinology, Academic Press, USA, 97,(3), 353-365.
- Sen, S; Mondal, S; Adhikari, J; Sarkar, D; Bose, S; Mukhopadhyay, B & Bhattacharya, S. 1995; Inhibition of fish brain acetylcholinesterase by cadmium and mercury : interaction with selenium. In `Enzymes of cholinesterase family’: D. M. Quinn, A. S. Balasubramanian, B. P. Doctor and P. Taylor, eds. Pp 369-374. Plenum publication. USA.
- Chaudhary, S; Mukhopadhyay, B; Bose, S & Bhattacharya S. 1996; Involvement of mercury in platelet aggregation ; probable mechanism of action. Biomedical and Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine (CAPM) 2. 26-36.
- Bhattacharya, S; Bose, S; Mukhopadhyay, B; Sarkar, D; Das, D; Bandyopadhyay, J; Bose, S; Majumdar, C; Chaudhary, S; Mondal, S & Sen, S. 1997; Specific binding of inorganic mercury to Na-K-ATPase in rat liver plasma membrane and signal transduction. Biometals, Rapid Science Publication limited, London. 10, 157-162.
- Mondal S; Mukhopadhyay, B & Bhattacharya, S. 1997; Inorganic mercury binding of fish oocyte plasma membrane induces steroidogenesis and translatable messenger RNA synthesis. Biometals, Rapid Science Publication limited, London, 10, 258-290.
- Mukhopadhyay, B; Roy, P, Chatterjee, A & Bhattacharya S; 1997; Intracellular events in response to GnRH causing Gonadotropin release from pituitary cells of a chandid fish channa punctatus (bloch). Comparative Biochemistry & Physiology, Canada. 118 (C), 2 129-136.
- Mukhopadhyay, B; Mehta, T & Rajapurkar, M, M. 1999; Level of urinary excreation of enzymes Gamma glutamyl transferase (GGT), Alanine amino peptidase (AAP) and N-acetyl-D-glucosaminidase (NAG) in healthy adults. The Journal of Renal Sciences. 2(3), 16-30.
- Mukhopadhyay,B;Chinchole, S, Lobo,V; Gang, S ; A; Rajapurkar, M.2004. Enzymuria pattern in the immediate post-transplant period:Diagnostic usefulness in monitoring and distinguishing the various causes of renal graft dysfunction. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry. 19(2), 14-19.
- Gohel, K; Khanpete, M; Mukhopadhyay, B; Hegde, U; Gang, S and Rajapurkar, M. 2007. Subtle renal dysfunction after radiocontrast administration in prospective renal donors: Does N-acetylcysteine have a role in its prevention? Indian Journal of Nephrology. 17(4), 160-164.
- Thethi, T.K; Parsha K; Rajapurkar M; Mukhopadhyay B; Shah S; Yau L, Japa S; and Fonseca V. 2011. Urinary Catalytic iron in obesity. Clinical Chemistry, 57:272-278, AACC, USA.
- Mohan M. Rajapurkar, Sudhir V. Shah , Suhas S. Lele, Umapati N. Hegde, Shelly Y. Lensing, Kalpesh Gohel, Banibrata Mukhopadhyay, Sishir Gang, Marsha L. Eigenbrodt. 2012. Association of Catalytic Iron With Cardiovascular Disease. The American Journal of Cardiology. 109(3): 438-442.
- Dylan ,S; Cannon, C; Lele, S; Rajapurkar, M; Mukhopadhyay, B; Scirica, B; Murphy, S and Morrow, D. Nov 2012. Prognostic evaluation of catalytic iron in patients with acute coronary syndromes. Clinical Cardiology, UK . 36(3): 139-145, 2013.
- M. M. Rajapurkar, S. S. Lele1, T. S. Malavade, M. R. Kansara, U. N. Hegde, K. D. Gohel, S. D. Gang, S. V. Shah2,B. N. Mukhopadhyay. Serum catalytic iron; a new biomarkerfpr coronary artery disease in patients on maintenance hemodialysis. Indian Journal of Nephrology, 23(5): 332-337, 2013.
- Suhas S. Lele, Banibrata N. Mukhopadhyay, Mohan M Mardikar, Tejas A patel, Apoorva K Vasavada, Darshan N Banker, Ketan D Kapasi, Virendra C Chauhan, Kamaldeep C Chawla, Soma R Raju, Shirish S. Hiremath, Shashi S. Chinchole and Mohan M Rajapurkar. Impact of catalytic iron on mortality in patients with acute coronary syndrome exposed to iodinated radiocontrast-The Iscom Study. American Heart Journal 165(5):744-51 (2013) PMID 2362-2911.
- David E. Leaf, Mohan Rajapurkar, Suhas S. Lele, Banibrata Mukhopadhyay, Sushrut S. Waiker. Plasma catalytic iron, AKI, and death among critically-ill patients. Clinical Journal of the American Society of NEPHROLOGY. November 07, 2014 vol. 9 no. 11 1849-1856, 2014.
- David E. Leaf, Mohan Rajapurkar, Suhas S. Lele, Banibrata Mukhopadhyay, James D. Rawn, Gyorgy Frendl, Sushrut S. Waiker. Plasma Catalytic Iron, Acute Kidney Injury, and Death following Cardiac Surgery. Kidney International, Online publication 7 January 2015; doi: 10.1038/ki.2014.374.
- George Feumau, Florian Traeder, Suhas Lele, Mohan M Rajapurkar, Banibrata Mukhopadhyay, Suzanne de Waha, Steffen Desch, Ingo Eitel, Gerhard Schuler, Volker Adams, Holger Thiele. Catalytic iron in acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock: A biomarker substudy of the IABP shock II-trial. International Journal of Cardiology. 227 (2017), 83-88.
- Vinodh M, Mohankumar V, Ganpule A, Mukhopadhyay B, Sabnis R, Desai M. Does carbon dioxide pneumoperitoneum affect the renal function in donors following laparoscopic donor nephrectomy? A prospective study. J Min Access Surg 2017;13:200-4.
- Awarded Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) Direct Research Associateship No. 9/202 (430/95-EMRI on Nov. 6, 1995.
- Awarded grants from Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) to attend Asian Science Seminar and Workshop at Japan on March, 1996, held at Nagoya University, Japan.
- Best poster presentation award at Asia Pacific Conference in Clinical Chemistry (APCC) conducted by IFCC at New Delhi, March, 2002.
- Awarded International Exchange Grant 2014 by Canadian Society of Clinical Chemisty. Attended the Annual conference of Canadian Society of Clinical Chemisty-2014, Charlottetown, between May 8-11, 2014.
- Purification of proteins and enzymes utilising molecular exclusion, ion exchange affinity chromatography, FPLC system & thin layer chromatography.
- Bioanalytic assays of biomolecules & physiological samples of clinical importance.
- Radioimmunoassay, radioreceptor assay and competitive protein binding assay.
- Radioiodination of proteins.
- Production of antibody of purified proteins.
- Native, SDS-PAGE & Immunoelectrophoresis.
- Extraction and estimation of DNA, RNA, In vitro translation of mRNA etc. Gene probe use for detection mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Enzyme linked immunosorbant assay (ELISA)
- Techniques of microbiology like culture of bacteria, gram staining, acid fast staining, drug sensitivity test, determination of MIC of drugs etc.
- Analysis and therapeutic monitoring of some drugs using RIA, HPLC, MS etc.
- HLA typing and Lymphocyte cross matching, routine serology and immunology, haematological techniques (manual/automation), biochemical parameters of clinical importance (manual/automatrion) etc.
- X-ray diffraction analysis of renal stones and other important molecules of pharmacological importance.
- Ultracentrifuge Beckman, GS 15 R, Centrifuge machine,Beckman, Gs 15R.
- FPLC system , Pharmacia, USA.
- Lyophilizer(The Virtis Inc., USA, Model 5S-L).
- UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, Beckman DU 640, Shimadzu, UV 190.
- Gamma Counter, Pharmacia, Compugamma CS. Liquid Scintillation counter, Beckman, LS 6000SC., PH Meter, Beckman, O 32.
- Random Access and fully automated Clinical Chemistry analyser, Fully automated Arterial Blood Gas analyzer and electrolyte analyser.,Sysmex K1000 & SF 3000 blood cell analyser( Toa medicals, Japan),Automated Urine analyser (Urilux).
- Fully automated ELISA reader and Washer (Organan Teknika, 230S & 430).
- Japan at the grant of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science(JSPS), Govt. of Japan, to attend the Asian Science Seminar and Workshop held at Nagoya University and National Institute of Basic Biology (NIBB), Okazaki as an invited speaker on 1996.
- Milan/Italy to attend the World Congress of Nephrology-2009 (May22-26, 2009) as Indian Delegate.
- S. Korea/Seoul to attend the Asia Pacific Conference in Clinical Biochemistry-2010 (October 3-7, 2010) as Indian Delegate.
- Attended the Annual conference of Canadian Society of Clinical Chemisty-2014, Charlottetown, Canada, between May 8-11, 2014.
PARTICIPATION IN SEMINAR/SYMPOSIUM
- National symposium on General and comparative endocrinology, January 26-29, 1991; Santiniketan, India.
- The second congress of the Asia and Ocenia society for comparative endocrinology. December 3-6, 1991, New Delhi.(International)
- Symposium on zoological; research in relation to man and environment, March1-4, 1993, Calcutta.
- 14 th Annual session of the academi of environmental biology, November 7-9, 1993, Indore.
- Fifth International meeting on cholinesterases. September 24-28, 1994, Madras.
- National symposium on fish biology, January 27 & 28, 1995, Santiniketan.
- Asian science seminar on reproductive biology and biotechnology in aquatic animals. March16-28, 1996, Nagoya University, Japan.
- Association of clinical biochemists of India and radiation medicine center(BARC) organized workshop of thyroid. June 30, 1996.Tata memorial hospital, Mumbai.
- Symposium on ‘Enzymology : clinical and industrial aspects’ December 9-11, 1996. Lokmanya Tilak Medical college & general hospital, Sion , Mumbai.
- Annual National Conference, ACBI. Armed forces medical college, Pune; December 18-20, 1998.
- Ninth Asian-Pacific Congress of Clinical Biochemistry, March 9-14, 2002. New Delhi. (International).
- World Congress of Nephrology-2009 (May22-26, 2009), Milan/Italy.
- Asia Pacific Conference in Clinical Biochemistry-2010 (APCCB 2010, October 3-7, 2010), Seoul/S. Korea.
RESEARCH PROJECTS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED
- Biochemical study of the effect of visipaque contrast medium(Iodixanol), an iso osmotic, non ionic contrast medium used in cardiac angiography in human.
- Renal osteodistrophy in patients with chronic kidney disease and its correlation to the biochemical profiles like, intact PTH, 1,25(OH)2 Vitamine D3 and 25(OH)2 Vit.D3 etc.
- Comparative biochemical efficacy study of the effect of CO2 as contrast medium with iodinated contrast agents in abdominal angiography in dogs.
- Effect of N-Acetyl cystiene for prevention of acute deterioration of human renal function following renal angiography.
- Cytokines(IL-1beta, TNF-alpha) levels in patients with chronic renal failure and on maintenance heamodialysis. Correlation of the cytokine levels with clinical parameters and dialysate purity.
- Study of the role of antioxidant (Vit.E and C), satins (Strovastatin) and angitensin receptor blocker (Losartan) in reducing inflammation in Maintenance Heamodialysis patients.
- Study of the pharmacokinetics of an immunosuppressive drug Mycophenolate Mofetil in blood form renal allograft recipients by HPLC.
- X-Ray diffraction analysis of renal stones and biochemical study of the urinary metabolites for prevention of progression and recurrence of human nephrolithiasis.
- Enzymuria pattern in early post transplant period: Diagnostic usefulness in renal graft dysfunction in transplant patients.
- Bleomycin detectable iron in the blood of patients with coronary syndrome : development of biomarker of acute coronay problems.